Monday, November 27, 2023

Two Thousand Word Days In A Row

The end of the month is really soon, and my goal will be changing from 500 words a day to 1,000, so I guess it's good that I'm starting to get the hang of that length. Today, I wrote 1,092 words. That's two days in a row at 1,000. I should probably see if I can't do that every day from here on out. Who knows, if I did, I might even make it to 25,000 words for the month.

That might be a stretch, considering that I'm only at 21,107 for the month, but it depends on how much slop I get...you know, how many extra words above 1,000. Today it was only 92, but yesterday it was 364. If I got 364 every day, then that would add up to an extra thousand by the end of the month. That's probably pushing it, considering that 1,364 is my all-time high so far, but you never know.

Here's the progress meter for the month.

21107 / 20000 (105.53%)

Should I bother to keep showing it now that I'm five percent above my goal? I don't know, but I probably will anyway. I guess it's a good way to gloat. Everybody loves someone who gloats.

Here's the year-to-date chart.


 My average is even higher. I think I'd have to really blow it not to keep it above 750 now.

With my total of 23,479 this is what my progress meter for the year looks like.

23479 / 304475 (7.71%)

No chance for gloating here. Instead, I just feel small under that gigantic onus. Time will heal that wound, though, as long as I keep at it.

No comments: