Monday, November 6, 2023

Also At Ollie's

There were a couple of figures that I also picked up while I was at Ollie's for use on Ankletown Station. These aren't anything that anyone is clamoring for, they were actually both toys left over from the Solo movie from 2018, so they've been on the shelves for five years now. Of course, that meant they were really cheap. I got all four figures for less than $10.

First, I got this two-pack:

Yup, it's the goofy Lando Calrissian played by Donald Glover. Then there's an...alien guy. I don't know. I don't really remember the movie at all, despite having seen it in the theater back in the day. That guy is pretty alien looking, though, so he'll look good on Ankletown Station. The two of them came with this gun that sits on a tripod. It's not a bad accessory, although I'll never use it for what it is. I was thinking the gun itself could possibly be turned into the steering mechanism on a speeder bike. The other part with the hose can be used as greebles on the wall of the space station or something.

The other two-pack that I bought was this one...also from Solo, I think.

It's a space dude and his space dog, with a cage to put his space dog into as well. I suspect I will disassemble the space dog cage, and use it for things like vents and grates in Ankletown, and I'll have this guy, or other folks, be walking this dog around on its leash in the background of shots. Or maybe even in the foreground, who knows? It'll be fun, though.

I need to get to work soon. We've been cleaning out the garage for the last little while, and we have a bunch of scrap wood that I could use to make buildings with. I need to get it organized and set aside right away, however, or my wife will insist that I throw it out to get the garage all the way clean. So, I've got to do some work here.

No comments: