Sunday, November 19, 2023

Star Wars Christmas, Episode VI: Return Of The Holiday Toys

Aha! You thought we were done, didn't you. Because I went one day without doing a post about Star Wars holiday toys, you thought I'd finally exhausted myself. But then, I finally managed to track down the Target exclusive figure.

It's the snow trooper painted to resemble a snow man.

I don't think Rish liked this one. He found it all the way back on the same day that he found those K2SOs that started me on this binge.

But he turned up his nose and kept walking. I, on the other hand, really liked the look of that guy, and was totally willing to add him to my collection. However, even though I stopped in at Target again and again over the ensuing weeks, I never saw it once. I wondered if I'd already missed it. Did it come in, and everyone descended upon the store and picked the shelves clean before I came around?

Turns out no. The stores in Texas just didn't get their supply as early as Rish's store had.

So, here I am with another overpriced Star Wars repaint. The fever has taken me all the way to here. This guy comes with a imperial torture droid in white as his little friend.

The snowman has a lot of paint applications, so I can't complain, but the droid feels pretty lazy.

It's just all white with a tiny spritz of light blue. Even the parts that obviously shouldn't be. I got the Grand Moff Tarkin figure that comes with the original torture droid, and its paint job was much better.

I guess, since I have the other droid, I could go through and try to paint this one to match, but that's kind of difficult. Like the biker scout that I complained about the maroon outfit, maybe I'll get around to painting this one up to be as good as the original, or maybe I won't.  I haven't been good with making time for this kind of stuff recently. What with writing, getting other videos finished, and setting up my Christmas decoration display, my time has been totally used up this month.

I added the snowman and his droid in with the rest of the guys that I've placed on my study shelves so far. Here's how he looks with them.

Not sure if I like them all jumbled in together like that. I feel like this guy needs to go with the other snow troopers, but they've already got their group going with the range trooper from the very first post in this series. Santa and his elves.

I'll probably change it up eventually. I don't know. These displays seem to evolve every year a little bit, so there's definitely nothing written in stone.

So, is this the end? Or will there be a sequel trilogy of Star Wars Christmas posts? I don't know. There are still three more figures I'd love to get. This gingerbread man trooper from last year is pretty cool:

I'd actually love to get a few of those guys, then make an Endor-style bunker that looks like it's made of gingerbread for them to be guarding. That would be rad.

Then there's this trooper made to look like a nutcracker.

And lastly, and the one I want most of all, is this holiday ewok.

Do I have another hundred dollars to blow on acquiring these figures though? I sure don't. Will my wife stand for me wasting all of our money on stupid things like this? Probably not.  I think a couple of these figures...the ewok and the nutcracker...are Hasbro Pulse exclusives too, which means I'd have to buy them there, and then pay the shipping as well. I don't like that idea. Although I paid shipping for some of the ones I talked about in this series of posts.

I think I might be done. Maybe there needs to be a few years in between trilogies. I don't want my audience to have Star Wars Christmas toy post fatigue.

No comments: