Monday, November 6, 2023

Still Going

Why haven't I done this before? Why did I wait so long? I could have started into a writing routine months ago, and I'd have a hundred thousand more words written for this year. I mean, all it took was for me to get invested, to make the goal, and I immediately started writing every single day. 

I haven't missed a day at all yet. The goal for this month was supposed to be just try to write every day. No word count, no worries. The purpose of November was to get in the habit of remembering to write every day. Yet, it hasn't been hard at all.

Today, long before noon, I had already written my 711 words for the day.

I'm not trying to brag at all. I'm mostly bemoaning the stupidity of waiting so long to get started. Hopefully, this will be the last time I ever get started again. I will keep this up forever more. That's the plan, anyway. Surely, I'll miss a day here or there, but I will never quit and have to restart this shit again. As Blink-182 said, "My old shit ends here tonight."

Here's where we are for the year:

6,227 for the year now. That puts me over the 2% mark. Yeah baby!

6227 / 304475 (2.05%)

But, the more cheerful numbers of the month-to-date meter tell me that I am at 25.7%. That's way better. Pretty sweet. I should definitely crush that 15,000 words for the month goal.


3855 / 15000 (25.70%)

Well, there's my update for Monday. I may have to quit doing these posts every day. It's a little much. I'll definitely do them for a few more days, though. See you tomorrow.

No comments: