Saturday, November 11, 2023

Starting Week Two

It's a Saturday, which is not a good day as far as writing goes, because there's always stuff going on, so it would be really easy to forget to write. In fact, I got all the way to 9:00 PM before I finally finished my words for the day. My word count was nothing special either. I only managed 646.

I probably could have done better, but the kids kept coming in and interrupting me, so I just gave up where I was. I was nearly done with "Karma Is My Boyfriend," but I'll have to leave the denouement section for tomorrow. 

That's fine. I always panic a little when it's time to move on to something else...although this time it shouldn't be bad, because I know what project I'll move to. It's a book I started last year called "Caught Up In Christmas." I wrote a few thousand words on it before petering off and quitting. It's a great story idea, and I have a full step outline for it, so I think I can jump back in without any issue.

So, my monthly meter looks like this:

7780 / 15000 (51.87%)

Woohoo! I'm over 50% for the month. Not bad. Also, it's only the 11th, which is several days short of 50% of the way through the month. I got this. Just don't quit, and I got this.

So, here's the year-to-date:

Pretty cool, I'm over 10,000 words for the year already. My meter looks like this for the year:

10152 / 304475 (3.33%)

A number that Rish would love, 3.33%. I don't know what it is with that guy and his thing for repeating numbers.

I haven't talked about my average for the month for a while. It's looking pretty good too. I'm over 700, which puts me more than 100 words ahead of my average for October. Gonna crush this thing, man.

1 comment:

Rish Outfield said...

Dog, I do love repeating numbers. I discovered today that a standard First Class stamp now costs sixty-six cents. That made me want to rush out and buy a hundred and one of them . . . because wouldn't that be $66.66?