Friday, November 17, 2023

Star Wars Christmas, Episode V: The Striped Socks Strike Back

This is when you know it's gone beyond simple collecting and into complete obsession, an unchecked addiction, gone on a bender. I got one of those characters that has the stripey socks. In the first post I did about Star Wars Christmas, that was my main complaint. I said that I hated the figures with the stripey socks look to their boots.




I still stand by that. I don't like it. Yet, I ordered this guy the other day anyway:

You can't see it very well in the box, but those are stripey socks he's wearing. Here, this picture shows it better.

Not only that, but there's several other things I don't like about this figure. I don't like the fact that the black parts of the biker scout suit have been done in a maroon color. It looks terrible up against the red parts of the armor. 

And I'm not a big fan of the ugly Christmas sweater thing that they do with some of these figures. The biker scout's Baby Yoda sweater kind of makes me cringe. It was terrible on the Stormtrooper and Clone Trooper in the pictures above, but even then it was done a little better than this.

So, with all of those gripes, what the hell am I doing with this guy? I suppose it was the stupid idea I had when writing that first Star Wars Christmas post. I thought it might be funny to take my regular biker scout:

And during the month of December (and part of November) swap him out with this crazy Christmas one.

It's like the spirit of Christmas descended upon the scout trooper, he was visited by three Jedi spirits in one night, and he changed everything...right down to his armor. Now he's bringing toy Baby Yodas to all the Broom Boys and Girls who asked St. Obi-wan for one on Life Day.

I've reached the point where my study is almost totally decked out for Christmas, so I took the biker scout's cubby hole to a Christmas eleven.

I may possibly try painting all the maroon parts back to black at some point, but not now. Probably not ever, but at least not until the holidays are behind us. All this toy buying has got me thinking that I probably need to stop with the buying part of the toy collecting hobby and put time into other parts of the hobby like customizing and diorama building. Maybe I can save some money, and still be happy with collecting if I spend time making the toys that I do have even cooler.

No comments: