Thursday, November 23, 2023

PIcking Up A Chick

When I was at Ollie's the other day, I managed to finally get that Sgt. Slaughter for my nephew John. He was pretty excited.

I also found that they had a few new GI Joes to choose from. One of which I had been considering acquiring. Zarana is a figure I had back when I was a kid.My favorite episode of the GI Joe TV series is the one where Mainframe and Zarana have a little Romeo and Juliet-style love affair across enemy lines.

But, I had decided that I would only get the original three Dreadnoks to go with my Zartan. I was only going for Ripper, Buzzer, and Torch. Zarana was a later addition that I didn't feel I needed. Especially since getting Zarana kind of necessitates getting her brother, Zandar, who is pretty lame. Yeah, I had that guy as a kid too.

But at Ollie's, they had Zarana for $4.99, and I couldn't turn that down. So, here she is:She super hot. I mean, look at those abs!

Although she's totally bald. That's just a toupee she's wearing.You can actually switch her hair out. She came with a second hair piece. That one is supposed to be like the classic one that the original figure had.I don't know which one I like better. Usually I would automatically side with the classic look, but this hair looks a little strange. It looks like some kind of Elvis Presley-type do to me. I'll have to think about it.

A while back, I found the Fortnite figure called TNTina on at a bigtime sale. I didn't have any idea what I might do with it, but I liked the figure for some reason, so I bought it. I don't know why, really. It was probably going to just sit in a box and never get displayed. It was stupid. One thing that I thought about that figure, however, was that it kind of looked like it would fit in with the Dreadnoks...specifically with Zarana. Maybe, I thought, I'll put the two together if I ever get a Zarana. Well, now I have one, do I need to make a space on the shelf for the two of them?Zartan gets all the hot chicks, right? Although, I think Zarana is actually supposed to be his sister, so forget I said that. That's gross.

No comments: