Saturday, November 4, 2023

Week Two Begins On The Right Foot

It could have been bad. Since today was Saturday, I wasn't doing my normal routine. Instead I was doing this and that around the house, and it wasn't until 3:00 or so in the afternoon that I first remembered that I was supposed to write today at all.

It wasn't for a few more hours, however, before I finally got a chance to write. We were cleaning the garage, but my wife was involved in sorting tools and putting them in their own place on the peg board on the wall. Aside from that job, there was nothing else to do. I found every thing that I could do, and then gave up, sneaking away and sitting in front of the computer.

In no time, I had 610 new words typed into my story, "Karma Is My Boyfriend." I'm having fun with the story, too. I think it's pretty good, but I'm kind of partial, so it's probably crap. I don't know.

Here's the updated chart for today:

And here's the chart for the year...or the last eight days...same thing.

My average for the month pulled ahead of October. That's good. I like that. It's only by two words, but that's still something. I mean, I'm the guy who set his goal to be one word more than his previous high, so I'm not going to shun a two word lead on the monthly average, for sure.

4,752 make my progress meter look like this for the year:

4752 / 304475 (1.56%)

1.56%. It's rising like a rocket. We'll be to the moon in no time...if about 10 to 12 months counts as no time.

2,380 for the month makes my progess meter for November look like this:

2380 / 15000 (15.87%)

15.87% looks so much more exciting than 1%. I definitely prefer the monthly numbers. I'm gonna smash that goal.

No comments: