Monday, December 11, 2023

Army Of Redness

My nephew and toy collecting buddy, John, sent me out a package this week. You might remember John from this old Big Anklevich on Toys video.

It wasn't a new thing, he'd actually had it sitting around for a while. I think I shamed him a little bit because I got a Sgt. Slaughter for him, and sent it over right away.

Once it arrived, I think he felt guilty that he'd had that stuff for me that was still waiting to be sent, so he quickly got it in the mail and headed my way. It came just the other day, and now I have a fourth Crimson Guard, as well as Tomax and Xamot, the Crimson Guard Commanders. My crimson army is growing.

I had to rearrange them to make them look right, now that I have an even number. This has grown to be my largest army aside from the snowtroopers that I found in Ross all on the same day. That army is seven strong.

Still a long way to go for them to catch up, but who knows, maybe I'll go into Ross someday and there will be seven Crimson Guards all sitting there waiting for me to carry them away. That would be neat. I could do that right now with the Mad Marauders Barbecue if I wanted to or the Tiger Force Outback. They've got shloads of those guys in all the Rosses right now. So, it could happen.

I will not go for the Crimson Bat or the Crimson Baroness or the Crimson Viper or whatever. The Crimson Guard were an elite unit. They were special. They weren't just another Mad Marauders, Python Patrol, or Tiger Force, and I'm resentful that GI Joe Classified has turned them into that. I know they just want to sell some repaints of the figures they've already produced, but screw that crap. Don't destroy your lore just for some repaint sales figures, guys. It's not right.


No comments: