Saturday, December 2, 2023

Wall O' Voodoo

Taking a little break from showing off what is on the Wall of Voodoo, I thought I'd mention that I put together another shelf divider for it.

That section was one big space until this week, when I finally decided it was time to finish it off. Once I did, I was displeased, however. I didn't like how the Sectaur beast's legs hung down and covered the GI Joes so that you couldn't see their faces. I even tried taking the picture from a lower angle, and it didn't work.

It's funny the things that will bug you when you do something like this. The beast, whose name is Battle-Beetle, just has an empty glove for its legs. You're supposed to put your hand in it to make it walk around and animate the legs. I can't do that on the shelf, of course, so I figured I would just stuff it with toilet paper to give it some shape. Now the legs were heavy enough to hang down and block the view of the other toys though. So, I got some barbecue skewers, and put them into the legs to make them stick up stiffly. Now it looks better.

Much better. Much better. No need to worry my OCD at all now.

It's exciting to have another shelf done. Now there's only the two very bottom shelves to finish.

I think I may see if I can't finish them up this month, and have this thing complete at last.

No comments: