Friday, December 29, 2023

Dreadnoks

It's been a while since I talked about anything that I got somewhere other than Ross, but here's me finally doing that again. Check out this guy:

If you loved GI Joe like I did, or maybe a fair amount less than I did, then you recognize that guy as one of the Dreadnoks, who were Zartan's compatriots. That particular one is called Buzzer.

I have Zartan, and up until a little while ago was content to simply pose him mixed in with Cobra Commander, Destro, and the other enemies of GI Joe. But then, Hasbro finally decided it was time to make the Dreadnoks. I wasn't crazy for the Dreadnoks as a kid, but they were a really big part of the cartoon, and when I heard they were making them in the GI Joe Classified line, I decided I would get all three of the original Dreadnoks and put them with my Zartan in a special grouping.

I'm pretty stoked, because I managed to find both Ripper and Buzzer already.

Those three look good together, right? The last guy in the group, Torch, hasn't come out just yet. He's in an upcoming wave of figures that I will certainly pounce on as soon as I see him in stores.

Although, after all the things I've seen in Ross the last few months, I wonder if that was a good idea. I didn't want the chance of not getting all three of the Dreadnoks, so I paid full price, but there seems to be a lot of them left over in the Targets now. I wonder if I could have just waited and got them all for much cheaper.

I guess that's what happens when you really want something versus just being happy to have it if you find it for cheap. I have both Tomax and Xamot to go with my Crimson Guards. I never cared too much if I hat Tomax and Xamot, but when I found them for super cheap, I was happy to have them. The Dreadnoks I want more than that, so I took steps to ensure I actually got them, even though it cost more. I suppose that's what they mean when they say supply and demand.

No comments: