Friday, December 29, 2023

Four Weeks Of December

Well, it's been four weeks now, and I'm still going, and still managing to keep to my goal.

I've already hit my goal for the month, which was 30,000.

33015 / 30000 (110.05%)

I'm already to 110% of the goal in fact. That's pretty exciting. I still have three days to go, so as long as I don't blow it and not make my goal every day for the rest of the month, I'll be over 36,000 words for the month. Take a look at this chart. It's from May of 2020.

That's my all-time record for words in a single month. 37,710. That number is well within my reach, and it is only my first month writing 1,000 words a day in the year. So, I guess I'm doing pretty well this time around.

So, how is the year going cumulatively so far?

I'm just a titch under 60,000 for the year already. What is that percentage-wise?

59928 / 304475 (19.68%)

So, I'm only a titch under 20%. I suppose 20% would be at 60,000 words. That's pretty exciting too.

So, all in all, things are going well. I'm cruising along on my book, "Caught Up in Christmas." It is 52,831 words long so far. I'm writing in chapter sixteen right now, and the story is about to take a turn for the worst. We'll have to see what our plucky heroine, Noelle, can do to defeat her enemy.

That's about all I have for you today. So, I'll send you on your way, and I'll be back in a couple of days with a full month wrap up. Will I beat my all-time best? I'd have to write 1,565 words per day to reach it, so it's kind of unlikely. But then again, maybe I should take it as a challenge. Hmm...

Then again, just managing to get a thousand every day might be a victory, because the rest of the month will be a little wacky, with a lot of things going on that make it hard for me to write at all. We shall see, I guess.

No comments: