Sunday, December 10, 2023

More Christmas Parade

I thought I'd highlight the Lego stuff on my Christmas shelves this time. I mentioned this snowman in a previous post, just because it showed up in the same picture as Frosta.

Here's a cropped version that just shows you the snowman. Now these aren't Legos. This is some kind of generic interlocking brick system that is also significantly smaller than Legos are. It was pretty hard to put this guy together with my fat fingers, let me tell you.

Next, we'll start with the smallest stuff and build larger, I guess. First there's these three little Santa guys. They came in poly bags with about 100-150 pieces each, and made a slightly different version of Santa each time.

You've got workshop Santa:

Snowskiing Santa:

I guess he delivers his presents himself. No sleigh with reindeer or anything like that.

Lastly, there's the regular old Santa with his big pack on his back:

A similarly small Lego set that came in a poly bag is this train set:

These Christmas figures came in my son's advent calendar. He was willing to let me add them to my Christmas displays, so I put them on a little narrow shelf.

It's just a hockey player, a caroler, and Santa, plus a table loaded down with goodies and a basic Christmas tree. There was a second Santa Claus as well, but I put him elsewhere. We'll talk about him in a minute.

Getting close to done already, but I've got a few more little ones. One last poly bag set was this Christmas tree.

It's kinda cute, I think.

These two are...I don't know, are they kinda cute? These are called BrickHeadz. They're a line of Legos that they came up with to compete with Funko Pops, I think. They made characters that looked like they were done in the Funko Pop style, but were built with Lego bricks. The Santa and Mrs. Claus ones were on a big sale one time, so I picked them up. I don't love them, but I don't hate them. They're alright.

Then there's this little house, which isn't much bigger than those little poly bag sets, except that it came with hundreds more pieces, because it's made from miniature-sized bricks. I got this set from one of those Chinese websites that sells knockoff stuff, but was surprised to learn that it wasn't a full size thing. Oh well, it still looks good, even at this silly size.

You can't tell how small it is from the picture, since there's no reference, but rest assured it's tiny. Very hard for me to put together with my fat fingers.

Now, it's time for the big guns. I ordered this one from the Chinese knockoff site last year.

This one is pretty cool, and it's regular size! For once, the Chinese knockoff guys didn't shrink it on me. I believe it's pretty much identical to an actual Lego set that I've seen elsewhere.  Those Christmas Lego houses tend to cost about $100 each, but I was able to get this one for around $30.

My wife got me another house from the knockoff site and gave it to me for Christmas last year. This one is cool too, but I don't think it's like any particular Lego set. I think it might be a Chinese original? Then again, I could be wrong. All I know is that I didn't see it in Void Munashii's Christmas village picture on Facebook this year, and I think he has them all.

The ice queen is an actual Lego minifigure that I already had from when I used to collect those things. And the Santa is the one I mentioned earlier, the other one that came from my son's advent calendar. I'm kind of sad that we didn't do the advent calendar for him this year. We could have, because I saw the Lego City calendar on sale for $20 right before December started, but my wife said no. She says it's time to let him graduate to just getting a chocolate in his advent calendar each day. The Lego City calendar this year had a Santa and a Mrs. Claus. It would have been awesome to get a Mrs. Claus. Of course, it wasn't worth $20 just for that one figure, so I didn't do it.

No comments: