Saturday, December 9, 2023

Christmas Parade Marches On

Here's another one of my Christmas decorations. This is one of the dragons from Game of Thrones. It's the one that was killed and then turned into a zombie ice dragon by the Ice King. I couldn't remember its name, but the internet tells me it's Viserion.

There's nothing better than pairing any snow-related thing with Christmas trees on my holiday shelf.

I like the dynamic look of this picture too. The ice blast is really coming right at us.

The figure comes with a stand that you can put it on and have it fly much higher in the sky, but then it takes up a lot of space, so I ususally just pose it like this, using its wingtips to keep it up. It just looks like it's flying low and about to raise its wings into another upstroke. I think it works. Maybe next year I'll put it in a different cubby hole that has more room so it can fly higher...like this guy:

This is my other winter dragon. It's actually supposed to be a glider for six-inch scale Fortnite figures...wait, no, this was a McFarlane toy, so seven-inch Fortnite figures. I think it looks much better as a mount for four-inch figures, so I put my Frozen Raven on its back, and posed him soaring above some lovely Christmas trees. Here in Christmasland, every tree gets fully decorated for the season. Imagine a whole forest covered in ornaments and tinsel. That would be crazy, right? I like that image. Maybe I need to put that into my story idea drawer for some use in the future. Hmm...

No comments: