Saturday, December 30, 2023

My Other Toy For Christmas

A couple of days ago, I was raving on a post about how much I loved my Prince John figure that I got for Christmas, but that wasn't the only toy my kids got for me this year. Little Anklevich got me this:

I just finished putting it together, and I have to say that I love it. As is usually the case for me, it's not real Legos. It's a Chinese knockoff. But I'm not particular. I'd get Megablocks or Mega Construx or Lepin or whatever the hell it might be if it looked cool like this.

The one problem is that you sometimes get weird stuff happening in your set. This was supposed to come with a dog that represented Dug. It just wasn't in the package. Whoops?

It came with that squirrel, but not Dug. Somebody must have dropped it while packing the bag, I don't know. 

This was my wife's profane text response when I told her Dug was missing.

The other issue was Russel's hair. The picture of Russel on the booklet shows him with hair, but the figure came with a hat that had no hair attached to it.

What's worse is that it's one of those figures that has a second face printed on the back of its head that you can choose. Normally, those faces are covered by the figure's hair, so it doesn't look like some kind of Voldemort freak show. Not this guy, though. The hat doesn't cover that extra face, so he has a second face that can talk to whoever's behind him.

All in all, though, it's a great set. I love those old Pixar movies, and Up was one of my favorites. I really miss those days when Pixar was batting a thousand. These days, their average wouldn't even land them a spot on the Cedar Rapids Kernals much less the all-time batting title they were going for back then.

No comments: