Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Showing Off More Decorations

This one is one of my favorites to put up each year.

It's a wampa family Christmas. I made this one back in 2018, when I first started my little YouTube toy channel. I did a video all about Christmas decorations, and made this cave as the centerpiece of the video.

It has evolved a little bit since then. I made a Lego fireplace for their cave, because I didn't have enough stuff to fill the space. In the video, I complained that I had to buy the wampa set at full price, but later, I found the wampa set at Ross and bought another one. I touched up the paint on one of them, and removed the horns, so that they looked different, and one could be the mommy and the other could be the daddy, and voilĂ  the whole family is here to take their picture for their Christmas card. 

I now have a second Luke in Hoth gear that I can put in Ankletown Station or whatever I want to do with it as well. The one has to stay attached to the ceiling as a Christmas decoration, though. Captured in ice forever by the wampa family.

Since I'm talking wampas, I have one other wampa that Rish Outfield found for me at a thrift store and bought, since he knew that I love anything I might be able to pass off as a Christmas decoration.

He's one of those silly Galactic Heroes figures, but still fun. He even roars if you press the button on his back. When Rish and I went out to the Salt Flats in Utah, this was the only Hoth thing we had to bring with us, so we took several silly pictures that looked like us out in the snow, scared by this fearsome wampa.

The forced perspective thing didn't quite work, but it was still fun.

Since we're doing Hoth...and Galactic Heroes crap, I also put up this Tauntaun with Han Solo each year.

I have a tauntaun that is regular 3 3/4" scale figures too.

Luke's about to meet that wampa from the first picture...

Last and definitely not least, I add the nose and antlers to my AT-AT each year like some people do with their cars. I love it.

I still think it's my favorite thing from all of my Christmas decorations where the AT-AT is smashing that little tree covered in decorations under its foot. I love that.

2 comments:

spaceVulture said...

Oh my gosh! I've been so busy this year that I completly forgot to jump on here to see your toy updates! Thank goodness I finally saw your Big Anklevich.... On Toys videos. I really dig the new figures and your growing collection! The Crimson Guard looks so cool and "pure." I agree, the Classified repaints are a bit much. I've got my Shipwreck, and if they ever release a Short Fuze I'll pick him up, but otherwise, I don't think I've got much more on my list. The Santa Trooper and his snow Trooper crew look great! Fantastic idea and I dig it! The Santa Jawa made me almost think about it, but honestly, I'm good without him. I liked the Salacius Crumb Gremlin though... Still have to say, one of my favorite of all your displays is still the Lego Gingerbread house setup. You should put out one more video once you've got your set up complete for this year panning and highlighting your collection! That would be phenomenal!

Sorry it took so long to get you some feedback on these! I love these posts and the Videos too!

Thank you!

Big Anklevich said...

That's great. It's nice to get some feedback. For the most part, I drop them here, and they don't even make a sound when they land, so I suspect that nobody reads them. I've been thinking I need to do less toy posts and more toy videos of what would have been those posts, because then, at least, the people I serve them up to actually came for the toys. Videos take more work, though, so we'll see.