Monday, December 18, 2023

The Christmas Parade Heads To The North

I guess today, we can talk about my Game of Thrones guys.

Game of Thrones has the most wintry setting since Hoth in the story. Not only do they have the normal snowy place called Winterfell, but then there's a second setting way to the north. The Wall is there to keep the zombie hordes from sweeping down through Westeros and killing everyone. These zombies aren't just zombies, they're ice zombies. So, they're perfect for toy-related Christmas decorations.

I already showed my ice zombie dragon in an earlier post, too, if you remember.

But I also have a scene that includes our favorite noble yet unlucky family from the north.

I think someday I'd like to upgrade this display. Imade that little castle wall behind them, and decorated it with flags and tinsel, but it seems like it could benefit from a design made by somebody who knows what he's doing. I tried to do that wall as cheaply and easily as I could, but maybe if I put some time into it, it would look really nice. The bricks in the wall suck, and don't really give off the feel of being a castle that they are standing in front of. Maybe if I tried again, but made it more to scale, that might help, I bet.

No comments: