Friday, December 8, 2023

Another Week In The Books

Yesterday was the 7th, and that's seven full days of writing in December in the can. How has it gone so far? Have I managed to stick with the plan of 1,000 words every day? Well, here's my chart for the month so far:

That's right. I've nailed it every day so far. Not a day missed writing, and not a day missed at 1,000 words. In fact, I've done well enough that I have a whole 1,297 words of slop bringing my score up. Where does that put me on my meter for my goal for the month?

8297 / 31000 (26.76%)

One week in, and I'm more than 25% of the way there. There's four weeks and three days this month, so I'm doing pretty darn good right off the bat.

How's the year going so far?

The expanded chart that now includes three different months of writing has me at 35,210 words altogether.

And the meter says:

35210 / 304475 (11.56%)

11.56% of the way to my goal. You might remember last month me talking about how I was behind on my percentage for the year. Each time I had a percentage, it was one or two points lower than the percentage of the year that had already passed. Well, worry no more. so far, I've written for 41 days out of the possible 366 days this year. 41 is 11.2% of 366, but I am 11.56% of the way there. Just one week of 1,000 word days, and I'm ahead of that rolling rock that's coming to crush me. Imagine what several months will do for me.

Also, my average for the month is looking good. It's 1,185 words a day. I added a new row on the average chart which calculates the average for the whole year. That's already up at 858. I wonder if a whole month of thousand word days can get me above the 1,000 word average mark. I'm not that far away, I don't think. I guess we'll keep an eye on that and see how it goes.

No comments: