Sunday, December 3, 2023

Outlander Ties

I've been to Ross a lot in the last month or so. At this time of year, they suddenly vastly expand the amount of toys they're offering for sale, so for a guy like me who is trying to build a toy collection on the cheap, it's a bonanza. 

However, there's only so many things they can add to their stock before I've seen it all, and there's nothing left, and I thought I had reached that point. The last few times I'd been back, I just looked for a few minutes, found that there was nothing new, and left. The toy jubilee was over, it seemed. The bonanza was done.

The last time I went, however, there was a new addition, and it made me excited. You know those ships that I've been collecting for my Ankletown Station? They're called Micro Galaxy Squadron, and the first wave of them had been going on clearance around town a few months back. Well, one of those ships that I'd almost never seen and certainly had never gone on clearance just showed up at Ross.

Those are Outland Tie Fighters. That's the Tie Fighter that Moff Gideon uses in The Mandalorian. At one point, he flies in on it, and the wings fold down so that he can get out of the pod when he lands.

They had those and their wings didn't have to be folded up, so they could appear as normal tie fighters as well.

They cost less than half what they have been asking for ships this size at Walmart and Target, so I jumped at the chance to buy all three of them that I could find.

Each one came with a little one inch tall figure of Moff Gideon.

He also comes with a cape that you can put over his shoulders, but he can't wear that while sitting in the tie fighter cockpit, because it's a stiff piece of plastic. Without the cape, however, he looks like he could be any old dude, so I think that's what I'll be doing with the other two. They'll just be random people standing around on Ankletown. Maybe I'll even paint them a different color so they look different.

Sadly, I think this may be the last new thing I find at Ross that interests me this year. I think they may have made it to the bottom of the barrel. Although, there are other ships in this size that they could offer. I'd love to get my hands on some more X-Wings, a scout walker or three, or that Jedi starfighter from Attack of the Clones that comes with the ring that makes the ship able to jump into hyperspace. I'd even buy that Asajj Ventress ship that they made that absolutely nobody wanted to buy...once. That one should be showing up at Ross sometime soon, I'd wager.

No comments: