Friday, December 22, 2023

Week Three In The Books

Okay, folks, we're now finished with three whole weeks of writing 1,000 words a day. Here's what my chart looks like after day 21:

So, I'm at 24,714 words on the month. My goal for the month is a mere 30,000, so I'm quickly approaching that achievement. My meter says...

24714 / 30000 (82.38%)

That I'm at 82.38%. The 21st is only 67.74% of the way through the month, so I'm way ahead. It's much more likely that I'll reach 35,000 words.

For the year, I'm at:

Hey-O! Over 50,000. Not that there's any reason to be excited about that other than that it is a nice round number. Still, 50,000 seems like a lot, doesn't it?

If we multiplied my total from right now by six, I would be over my overall goal. That would come out to 309,762. Since we're well under two months, that means that I am in a good position to succeed. 

In fact, I'm in a great position to succeed because November will certainly be the lowest output of any month I have for the rest of the year. I mean, I've already eclipsed the word count for November in December, and it's only the 21st. From here on out, I'll have a much higher word count.

Let's see what the meter says for the year.

51627 / 304475 (16.96%)

16.96% percent of the way there and we are 15.03% of the way into the year. My lead is widening with every week. I'm almost a full two percent ahead now. 

As far as what I am writing, I am getting into the good stuff of my book, "Caught Up in Christmas." It's 45,625 words long so far. I don't think it's going to reach a really high word count, but it will likely get at least to 70,000 before I'm done, maybe even 80,000. If you want to volunteer to be a beta reader for me when it's done, let me know, and I'll send out the first draft to you to peruse and trash to your heart's content.

I guess that's it. I'll be back again next week with another report. We'll see how hard Christmas week turns out to be.

No comments: