Saturday, January 20, 2024

A Cold, Cold Winter

The weather took a huge dip in temperature over the past week. I was freaked out last week about what was coming. It looked like it was supposed to reach 15°.

It didn't quite make it that low. Here in Houston we got all the way down to 18°.

That's about 15° below the worst that it ever gets each winter, so it was pretty gnarly. Then, add into that the fact that on the very first day of the freeze, a rain storm came through and made everything wet, so now there was going to be ice everywhere. It was starting to look like 2021 all over again.

So, on Monday, as it was all beginning, I left for work super early. I figured I could drive slow, and if I got there faster than I expected, I could stop at any Rosses along the way as well.

It was ugly out there, but not too dangerous. At one point, I was stopped at a light, and I noticed that it was snowing...just barely, but it was definitely snow.


I also stopped at several Rosses along the way, and I found this one to be quite humorous. It was January 15th, weeks after the Christmas season had ended, but when I walked into the store, this was the music playing.

It was loud too. It didn't come through very well in the video, though. I had to boost the audio to try to make it so you could hear it, but I still don't know if you can. The song that it's playing is this one:

Yeah, that's a Christmas song, so they'd turned the Christmas channel back on, and I happened to come into the store while they were playing the song that says:

Looks like a cold, cold winterPlenty of ice and snowBut we'll keep the love light in our hearts aglowLooks like a long, long winterBaby what do we careAs long as we have this love of ours to shareIt's gonna be cold outsideIt's gonna be warm insideSo we'll cuddle up by a cozy fire side by side

I was pretty amused by the song and thought it crazy that I happened in during the time it was playing. They'd changed it back to Christmas music for the day, and I'd come in in the middle of the song about how cold the winter was going to be. Was that coincidence? Or were they just playing this song on repeat? I don't know, maybe I'm over explaining it. Maybe it's not funny to anyone but me, but there you go.

No comments: