Thursday, January 18, 2024

Weren't We Done With This

I know what you're thinking, "What, it's January 18th, how can you be doing another Holiday Decorations post?"

Well, it turns out that I have been expanding my holiday decorations a little bit too much. So, now I have several things to put up as Valentine's Day decorations as well. Maybe you think that's stupid. I mean, if you're Rish Outfield, then I know you do. This video is Rish Outfield, except for Valentine's Day.

Maybe you're right. It probably is stupid, but I've pretty much run out of space to add toys to my shelves, so the only way I can add things is by trading them out with something else. I can do that permanently, by finding something that I like better than what I am displaying now, or I can do it temporarily, by putting up something for a month or two out of the year...say during a certain holiday season or another.

If I do it for Christmas, Halloween, 4th of July, and Easter, why not Valentine's Day?

So, here we are, these are my few decorations for the season.

There's only a few things up there. First of all, there's the sign on the AT-AT.

The sign came from the dollar store, and I thought it made a pretty good centerpiece of the space. Then, I got out the first things I ever bought for Valentine's Day, you might have guessed it, the Pez dispensers.

They don't make quite as many Valentine's Day Pez dispensers as they do for Christmas, so this bunch is my only set. I do have a set of dispensers that sort of fit in though. Since President's Day tends to happen on the same week, and sometimes even on the same day, I also put up these guys.

The only other things I've found for toys that seem to pertain to Valentine's Day to me are various versions of the Fortnite Cuddle Team Leader figure. I like it, because it's like an adult version of the old Love-A-Lot Bear from the Care Bears that I remember from when I was a kid. I guess it's a Furry, or a Brony version of that kid's toy.

I have the big 12-inch Titan Heroes version.

I gave her a little homemade valentine to hold, to make it more obvious what she's doing there. I also got the 6-inch version.

Okay, that's acdtually the 6-inch version and the 7-inch version. For some reason, McFarlane toys loves this 7-inch scale, and does all their toys in that. They look okay with 6-inch for the most part. It just looks like one of your characters is Wolverine and the other one is an NBA player. Not too bad. It's not like one's a hobbit and one's a troll or anything.

Anyway, I love those two figures. It's the same character, but different skins. The regular one is called Cuddle Team Leader, and the effed up one is called Ragsy. I like the contrast. It's like one of them is the girl while she still has a boyfriend, and the other one is after she's been dumped, so I gave them signs that kind of go along with their look.

Then I have the 4-inch scale figures.


The one on the left is actually a Christmas figure that came out this year. I guess they think that giving it a scarf is enough to make it feel like Christmas. I looked at it and said, this thing would work great for Valentine's too, so I paired it with the regular Cuddle Team Leader and gave them Happy Valentine's Day signs to hold up.

And that's it. That's my holiday decorations. I need to get a little more to make it worthwhile, I suppose. I hate that they're all just the same character. Maybe I need to get an actual Love-A-Lot Bear to put up as well. That might be cool, though it'll probably cost a lot to get a classic toy like that.

Actually, now that I think of it, that Arcee that's there next to the bears is perfect for Valentine's Day. Maybe I should give her a sign too. I think they've done a couple other versions of Arcee. Maybe I could get some of those as well. I might be able to expand this after all.

I was thinking of printing out a sign for a kissing booth, and putting it up in the cubby holes that have couples inside of it, like Medusa and Black Bolt or Cloak and Dagger...except that's not supposed to be what kissing booths are, is it? Kissing booths is where a hot chick gives kisses to any old guy who has a buck to raise money for charity or whatever, right? Maybe I need to put it in different cubby holes, like in She-Ra's slot or Storm's slot. I'll have to think about that...I guess, feel free to comment and let me know what you think.

No comments: