Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Eight Years That Built To This

This memory came up on Facebook the other day, and I couldn't help myself but to write a little something about it.

This was back when Rish was complaining a lot about how often I had to pee when we would go out dinner before recording Dunesteef episodes. I tried to chalk it up to the fact that I drank so much soda, so of course I needed to pee a lot. Then, however, my vision started deteriorating rapidly. I thought, as you can see from the Facebook post above, that I was getting old, but no sir, that had little to do with it. Less than two months later, I was in the doctor's office being diagnosed with diabetes, and I started on a new journey in life. I had no idea what it would entail, but I've changed an awful lot since then for the better.

I wrote an empassioned rant on Facebook when I reposted this picture, and I guess I'll add that to this post here in case you haven't seen it:

8 years ago, I was trying to deal with my vision going suddenly quite blurry. I thought I was just getting old, but that wasn’t it at all. I was actually tumbling into type-2 diabetes. It’s been a long journey since then, with many struggles and wrong turns, but I’ve finally gained a full understanding of what was behind my condition and put it into complete remission. I only eat food that’s fit for humans now, not the processed, chemical-laden poison that our factories belch out and try to pass off as food. I’m healthier than I’ve been in 30 or 40 years, and it feels so good. Our food supply is the cause behind all of the chronic illnesses we suffer from in the modern world. Leave it behind and enjoy some health for once. Try the zero-carb carnivore lifestyle. You won’t regret it.

Here I am now, eight years later, and I don't have to wear glasses around. I need them for reading, but not for daily routine, because my eyes were never the problem. I just had to get the sugar that was clouding the fluid out of my eyes. I've lost 70 lbs, and I'm still chugging. I probably have 30 more to go before I'm done and back to what I should be. Life is much better as a human that eats human food. There's those memes out there that jokingly say that chocolate tastes as good as being skinny feels, but I'm sorry to say that it is not true, because being skinny isn't just being smaller, it's a whole range of other health improvements that make life a million times more livable and joyful.


 

No comments: