Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Christmas Again But Not Star Wars

I'm sure you're saying, "come on, Christmas is over. It was last month. There's at least eleven months that you should give us a rest before it comes back again."

That's true, and I probably should be, but the other day, I suddenly ran into several Christmas toys being sold at heavy clearance. After finding those Star Wars guys from yesterday's post at Ross, I went next door to TJ Maxx. I found this on their shelf.

I sent a picture of it to Rish, and even vowed not to buy the thing.

But then I changed my mind. I didn't tell Rish, so he will never know, and that's good, because I'd be a total hypocrite for buying a Funko pop. I generally hate those things. But this is a Christmas one! Not only that, but it's a Guardians of the Galaxy Christmas one.

I love the Guardians of the Galaxy and I love the Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special. I've been complaining to Rish on occasion about the fact that the show has been out for more than a year, and we still haven't gotten any figures of Drax in his holiday sweater or Mantis in hers. There are several fun figures that could be made from that show. Hasbro is spending time making up stupid Star Wars holiday figures. Why not make the obvious ones from an actual Christmas special?

Anyway, after thinking about it, I decided that I wanted to support the making of Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special merchandise, and buy this Funko pop.

Yeah, I feel a little dirty. Yeah, you can't really tell that that is Star Lord. It could be Justin Timberlake with his Dick In A Box. I'd really prefer if I'd found Mantis and Drax, because they are holding those big inflatable things they stole from Kevin Bacon's front yard. Maybe I'll hunt those down and add them to my Star Lord, and really sell my soul to the always hungry Funko pop god.

Of course, if I do, you can expect there to be a stupid blog post about it, so stay tuned!

No comments: