Monday, January 29, 2024

High Altitude Low Opening

More toys to report. I've been totally obsessed with going to Ross recently, and have made the mistake of trying to widen my net. On Thursday, I decided to leave for work early, head over to I-45 and drive down toward work that way, stopping at all the Rosses along the way.

It was a huge mistake. I spent several hours hitting six different Rosses, and finding exactly nothing. I always get this way when I make a big score at Ross. I did this a few weeks ago after I found the three Figrin D'ans at Ross. I went everywhere looking for more, and only wound up finding two extras, and all of them were at stores I normally hit on a regular basis anyway, never at any of the new ones I went to. Now here I was doing it again because I'd found two Klatoonian Raiders.

I guess it's just a new manifestation of my addictive personality. I was addicted to sugar and carbs. I've put a stop to that, and so it has just come up in other ways. It's a good thing that I never gamble, do drugs, or even drink, because I think I'd be a complete wreck over any one of those things. I spend way too much just running around buying toys to get my dopamine. It's time te get a hold on myself, and go back to just looking at the Rosses near me that I usually go to on a normal reasonable timeline.

Anyway, after learning the lesson of not stepping up my Ross searches, I went to a nearby Ross that I usually go to regularly. They didn't have anything that I was hoping for, none of the Star Wars Vintage Series aliens, for example, but they did have one Halo figure that I thought was worth picking up.

This guy is the Spartan EVA. I thought he was pretty cool, and he looks different than the Halo guys I have been finding recently. I bought six of those Masterchief Sargeants that were selling for $2 a while back...

But this other guy was totally different looking, so I picked him up. I'm not sure what I'll do with this guy or with any of the others. I love the armor that Halo guys come with, but I'm not really a fan of Halo itself. I think I'd rather make custom figures that replace the helmets with alien heads like I did with this Walrus Man figure from a while back.

I thought it was a shame that they had raised the price of this new wave they were selling back up to $4. I guess I could only get one...of course, one was all they had at this Ross anyway, so I was good to stop there.

No comments: