Thursday, January 4, 2024

Last Minute Gift

I got my Christmas gift from Rish the other day. It arrived just before New Year's Day. We both have a tendency to do that. I think my gift to him arrived a day or two before his did to me.

Anyway, I thought it was pretty dang cool. Here's a picture of it.

The crazy thing is that it used to look like this.

He went through and repainted the whole thing, and he did an amazing job. If I didn't know better, I'd have assumed that it came that color to begin with. He didn't even do it in the order that I assumed he had. The gray suit was painted on after the metallic blue on the armor. How did he not mess it up and get gray all over the armor? That's what I would have done.

If you want to see more on the process, you can check out this post over at his blog.

Anyway, thanks Rish for the present. It's pretty cool. Although now I feel like I need to get a whole troop of Christmas Mandalorians. Sadly I saw that Credit Collection Mando at Ross a time or two, and just passed it by because it was so ugly. If I ever see it again (which I won't, because you only see it when you don't want it) then I will snatch it up.

I'll probably wind up getting myself one of these too.

I shouldn't, but I'm sure that I will.

No comments: