Tuesday, January 2, 2024

The Last Gasp Of Ross

If been back to Ross several times since Christmas left us behind, and it has returned to the usual wasteland that it tends to be for most of the year. The toy section has vastly reduced in size, and the stuff that is there is the stuff that even desperate last minute shopping dads wouldn't pick for the kid they only see on every third weekend.

So, I figured I'd share my last leftover finds that I grabbed up before there was absolutely nothing. First of all this Fortnite guy who seems like he could be found on a Star Wars-inspired space station in a hyperspatial vortex in the center of a million universes.

Also, for some reason, right before Christmas Ross got a huge shipment of 4-inch scale Halo guys, and they marked them all at $1.99. That's cheaper than I used to pay for 5-POA Star Wars guys in 1982, so I couldn't turn them down. Many times, when I went to Ross and found nothing, I soothed my sadness at getting skunked by buying a couple of these figures.

These are the six new ones I've bought, but I have a few more from before, as well as other Halo guys in different colors and armor. I figure I could probably do a fair amount of head swaps and turn these guys into an interesting fighting force. They could be the opposition to the Valkyries in Ankletown Station perhaps.

Maybe you remember one of my early custom figures that I made by putting Walrus Man's head on the body of one of these Halo guys.



Something similar could be done with each and every one of these guys too. Which makes $2 a freaking amazing price. I have those tons of alien guys from Fortnite that I got a while back. Maybe they'd make good custom head swaps as well...

Okay and here's one last thing...

Oh whoops, this guy wasn't even at Ross. I found this Black Manta on sale for $3 at a Walmart a couple of days after Christmas while looking for after Christmas sales. I think the movie had just come out that week, and they were already clearancing the figures from the movie. Did it really do that badly?

Anyway, I know he's supposed to be a deep sea diver or something like that, but I think he also looks great as a spaceman with that goofy head and huge eyes, so I grabbed him to add to the crowd on Ankletown Station.

No comments: