Friday, January 19, 2024

Another Bith

Bith is the name of the alien species that play in the cantina band on Star Wars. I talked about them the other day when I found three of them at a Ross and got all excited. Well, the excitement still continues, and I've been hitting every Ross I can to see if I can't find more of them. For one thing, there's supposed to be seven of them in the band, so I'm a long way from that being complete, but I would buy every one of them that I see. I'd be happy to swap their heads and hands out and make custom aliens to go in Ankletown Station as well. I want as many Star Wars-style aliens as I can get in there.

Well, the other day, I managed to find another one.

 I was stoked, but I was hoping there were more. I searched high and low in the store, but no others appeared. After finding three in one store, I figured there must be at least three in every box of them that comes from corporate, right?

Well, if there was, either somebody else bought the others before I got there, or they only put one of them out so far.

I took it up to the front to buy it, and wished that I hadn't found it after all. The line was so long that it took me about twenty minutes to get to the front. I would have turned around and left if I didn't have something I wanted so much.

I also grabbed a Cassian Andor figure they had there, and when I got out to the car, I thought it would be fun to see just how well the heads would swap for a custom figure. I think it looks pretty cool.

It's Figrin D'an on his day off. I already have one Cassian Andor, but if I can repurpose his body for a bunch of customs, then it might be worth it to get one or two more. I pulled his jacket off too, mostly just to see if it would come off, and it did, and looked fine without it. It looked like he was just wearing a blue vest over a reddish shirt.

Then I stuck Andor's head on the Bith body to see how that would look. Again, not bad.

Looks servicable as is, but I might be able to add some accessories and make it even better.

I sent the two pictures to Rish, and he texted back saying:

Which is a likely observation. It really does look like that outfit Luke wore in the Death Star battle with Darth Vader and the Emperor. Did they just repurpose a body they already had sculpted because they could get away with it?

Well, if they did, it wasn't the same Luke that I have. I got this one a while back and put it on the Sand Skiff from Jabba's Palace, and he has grayish tunic over top.

That's definitely not the first Luke Skywalker in Jedi Knight outfit in the Vintage Collection though, so it still could be a re-use. Doesn't matter to me. I like it no matter what. It'll be pretty good on Ankletown Station...hmm...I should start on that someday soon, shouldn't I?

No comments: