Thursday, January 11, 2024

Aww Crap

The weatherman's been talking this week, and everybody is getting pretty nervous. This is what next week is supposed to look like for us here in Southeast Texas.

Monday it gets cold, and then Tuesday and Wednesday it gets significantly colder.  That's damn cold for south Texas. We don't get temperatures like that. Monday's low we can handle, but what happens on Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm sure I'm not the only one who immediately remembers 2021, when the state froze, everybody's pipes burst, and the power went out everywhere.

Hopefully, the measures we've taken since then have made problems like that less likely to happen. ERCOT, the state electricity managing body doesn't seem too concerned about the possibility of the power going out. It's not supposed to rain during that time, so I probably won't have to sleep at the station to avoid death on the drive to work. Hopefully, it'll just be a couple of miserably cold days that pass without much incident. I guess we'll see. If I'm still updating this blog on Thursday of next week, then I guess things went okay.

No comments: