Friday, January 12, 2024

Rogue Toy: A Star Wars Christmas Story

I went to a GameStop yesterday, and found a Star Wars Holiday Edition figure that I hadn't added to my collection yet. It didn't have any clearance markings on it, but I asked the clerk, and since I was the only person in the store, he was happy to check the price for me.

It rang up as $5. I was expecting $28.

"Well then, I'll take it," I said, and happily paid the reduced price for the Christmasized C-3PO.


 He also came with a little pal robot that was also Christmasized.


Forgive my lack of knowledge of the ever-expanding Star Wars media empire, but I believe that little robot comes from a video game, and was the little friend of Cal Kestis. Don't hold me to it, though. I think one of the other guys I got back in November came with a different version of the same robot.

Ah yes, it was the K-2SO. Now I'm getting an army of these guys.

After getting a figure for 1/6th its usual price, it makes me want to go out to more GameStops and see if they have any figures left too. Also, there was another one of those K-2SOs at my Walmart. They hadn't marked it down the last time I looked. I wonder if they have now, and if they haven't, what if I asked an associate if it should be marked down like the rest of the Christmas stuff? Maybe I could get another one for $5 or less that way. I'm going to have to see what I can do.

No comments: