Monday, March 24, 2014

Daily Food Report #26

Today is where it really went wrong, and I don't even have the pictures to prove it.  Which means that I'm a dishonest douche.  The whole point of these blog posts was to keep my ass on track, and make me too ashamed, or at least inconvenienced, to eat like a pig.  But instead, I just ignored the whole thing really.

I think it might be because of this lazy/bad attitude that I've been developing recently where if I'm only going to eat a very small amount of something, then I don't need to take a picture of it.  There's a comment on the blog from last Thursday where one Rish Outfield decried me as a witch : "I saw Goodie Anklevich eating M&M's with the devil in the parking lot last night!"  I never owned up to eating any M&M's at that point, and I just ignored his comment, hoping that he would leave me alone, and my conscience wouldn't have to bother me about it.

But instead, it developed further and further into a bad habit of snacking and not photographing and reporting it.  Sunday was where it came to a head.

In the morning, I had protein shake for breakfast.


Then, according to my photos, I had a snack:


And our dinner, which was ham and egg sandwiches on a pretzel bun roll.


But there's so much that I had in between there that I didn't photograph.

On Saturday, when we went to the store, and I bought a Gatorade, we also bought a bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs for my wife.


We bought a bag of Coconut M&M's Speckled Eggs, because I know how much my wife likes them.


And as I said in the last post, we bought a box of Girl Scout cookies too.


None of these things were supposed to be for me, but I partook of them all.  And in small, but, eventually when added up, copious amounts.  I nibbled at these things the whole day through, and by the end of it all, I probably ate 500 to 1,000 or more calories in chocolate and cookies.

This morning, when I weighed myself, it was worse than I thought it could be.  I hope that by Wednesday, I'm at least back to where I started this week out on, because that's really the best I can probably hope for.

I have to recommit to this thing.  I am vowing to not put anything in my mouth besides water without photographing it.  No matter how small the bite might be.  I think it will make a big difference if I do.  I'll surely be less likely to have these backsliding weeks, and I won't have to lose the same pounds twice or more to get past them.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Do you take the photos with your phone? That might make it easier to keep on top of the documenting?

Big Anklevich said...

I do take the pictures with my phone. The easiness was not the problem, really. It was more the honesty, and not wanting to bother with taking a picture of little things. But I've got to do that, or else I'll end up like I did Monday morning, weighing much more instead of much less.