Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Weigh-In Day #4 and Daily Food Report #7

It's now a full week that I've been reporting to you about every single morsel I eat.  I'm getting forgetful sometimes.  I was worse yesterday.  And when it comes to food, if you don't take a picture of it in time, well, it's too late.  As the old saying goes: you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Anyway, here's my report for Tuesday, March 4th.


Breakfast this morning had a twist, I added some sliced avacado to the top of my usual omelette.  Apparently, unbeknownst to me, my wife had bought a bunch of avocados last week, and they had just reached that perfectly ripe stage.


My usual snack was changed up with the replacement of the lunch meat for the cheese stick.  Wooo!  Gotta live a little while you're alive, am I right?


Okay, this is a picture of the same kind of chicken thigh that I had for lunch.  It's not the chicken I had for lunch though, because I forgot to take a picture of it.


I did remember to get a picture of the almonds and salad though.


And the snack...almonds and cheese stick and...


Mango, although if you look closely at it, you'll see a bunch of brown spots in it, so I didn't eat it all...some of it wasn't good to eat anymore.  What a sad thing, huh?  I love mango so much, and it sucked to throw some of it out like that.


Now, here's that same picture of the chicken thigh.  I had another one of them for dinner.  I meant to take a picture of my dinner chicken, and use it for lunch.  But I forgot again.  So, this picture I took when I got home.  We had one of those chicken thighs left.  I'll be having it for lunch tomorrow.


So, that's my food report.  I'm getting a little slipshod in my reporting.  I keep forgetting to take pictures.  That's not good.  If I didn't eat the same freaking thing every day, I would not be able to remember what I'd eaten.  And if I'd eaten some little cheaty snack and forgotten to take a picture of it, I might have forgotten about it altogether and failed to report it.  At least this early on, I wouldn't forget something like that.

Anyhow, this thing is working really, really well.  It's been one week, and I've been, for all intents and purposes, perfect.

Has it payed off?  Well, last week, when I proposed this whole thing, I was too ashamed to report my weight, because it went up from the week before.  Hell, it was up from even the weight I reported in the beginning.  Last week I weighed 279.8.  On the first day of this whole thing I weighed:


So, that was even one pound up from from that.  But today, I weigh:


Yes, that's right.  In one week of being good, I have managed to lose more than ten pounds, and now I am down just short of ten pounds from what I began this thing at weeks ago.

I don't expect this breakneck pace to keep up for too much longer, because it just never does.  The first week is always the easiest, the weight seems to fall off.  Then the later weeks it's chipping away with with a hammer and chisel it gets so slow.  But I've gotten the start that I needed to get excited.  I'm feeling like it's pretty much guaranteed that that skinny old me will be back.

I found this picture of me from that same era that I've been talking about all along.



I've printed it, and hung it by my mirror.  I've also made it my phone's wallpaper.  I made it the wallpaper on my computer at work too, but I share that computer, and one of the douches I share it with decided he had to change the wallpaper to something else.  Oh well.  As long as I see it pretty often, I'm fine.

I feel, after this difficult yet wonderful week, that I will be that guy again, with certainty.  Don't let me ever quit reporting my food to you until I've reached my goal.  It works better than I ever thought possible.

4 comments:

Tena said...

Dammit blogger ate my comment. Grr. Here's take 2.

Way to go, Big, 10 pounds is awesome! I'm down to 145.8, which is 1.2 less than last week and 3 pounds less than I was a the beginning of this. Chipping away, little by little. Six more pounds until I'm back at my post-baby weight (yeah... my daughter turns 3 in a month and a half...) and about 20 more until I'm at my goal. I'm doing well at keeping up with my nutrition and calorie goals, and between that and walking 1.5 miles a day I'm making progress.

I am so glad that we have this weigh-in. It keeps me going!!

Journey Into... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tena said...

Oh I forgot to add my percentages. 1.2 pounds was 0.81% for the week, 2% overall.

Journey Into... said...

Awesome, Big! You are now setting the pace.

I lost this week, too. It works out to be 0.39% weight loss for the week, and 0.97% overall.

What I did this week was just eat real food from home; and I tried to control my portions. However, there was a child's birthday thrown in there and so the cake and ice cream didn't help (especially the second night when the birthday was over).